Monday, June 25, 2007

Cathy Dennis connection

Another crazy Cathy Dennis connection--just got the new Sophie Ellis-Bextor (the real new one, not just new to me). Cathy Dennis wrote the first single, Catch You which is the only song Sophie has ever included on a solo album she didn't at least co-write. Add it to the list.

Which one is your fav Cathy tune?

1. Toxic
2. Can't Get You Out of My Head
3. C'Mon and Get My Love
4. Touch Me (All Night Long) (technically didn't write, but sang)
5. Come into my world
6. Never Had a Dream Come True

I find it a real toss-up between Toxic and C'Mon and Get My Love--with the edge to Toxic.

6 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Toxic?
Are people covering Britney Spears already?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Lyn said...

Cathy Dennis actually wrote Toxic--however, that's a good call--I wonder whose on record covering Britney. I did find on YouTube the band Nickel Creek's version of Toxic, which is fairly straightforward (kinda like the band). I wonder what other Britney covers are out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNQ0PE94pqw

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger pilchgirl2 said...

Travis...duh. Hit me baby one more time is a classic.

As for Cathy Dennis, is it even a quesiton!?!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Lyn said...

Yes it's a question! I wouldn't post it if it wasn't. Which one is your favorite--I think they are all pretty close.

Never heard the Travis version of Hit Me Baby--I'll have to look it up. It sounds divine!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger pilchgirl2 said...

Touch Me (All Night Long).

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Lyn said...

Aaaahh--yes, that is a good one. I always tend to like the first song that introduces me to an artist best--even if they are around for years and years. It's very unfair to the artist--but it's just my initial emotional connection, thus Come On and Get My Love probably wins for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home