Tuesday, January 30, 2007

More Brit pop mania

Okay--so today is a huge day in brit-pop/US relations. Both Lily Allen and Paolo Nutini's first albums drop today. I've listened to both on line and they are fantastic. This weekend, I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Nutini in Madison at the Annex. His stuff is really good, although he needs some points on showmanship.

My most favorite right now, though is Amy Winehouse. Matt and I are obsessed with her song "Rehab". I keep trying to find places to download it and I can't seem to do it unless I buy an import. Her CD "Back to Black" is scheduled for release her in March, so they are being stingy with it. You must give it a listen. www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U Her follow-up tune was on BBC One the other day and it's pretty great too.

It also seems that she is some kind of freakshow in the UK, which is mildly interesting. Check out Perez Hilton's blog on Ms. Winehouse--but remember, it's about the music. http://perezhilton.com/topics/amy_winehouse/

1 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger pilchgirl2 said...

so i gave rehab a listen and it is pretty fantastic. if i would have been a better blogger and read this post earlier I could have seen ms. winehouse at joe's pub on the 30th. i did just craigslist some tickets for her march 13th show at the bowery ballroom cuz she's playing with this other band i adore, the pipettes. if i was able to take some time off i could head to sxsw like every other music lover, but some people have to work for a living. thanks again lyn for being cooler than i.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home