Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Oscar time is here again!

Overall, pretty excited about the noms--although I'm like everyone and I've only see a few. Saw Dreamgirls on Friday and now that is virtually irrelevant.

Some disappoints--and there's only a few--figured Jack Nicholson was a lock for Supporting Actor (although I still haven't see Departed yet--sorry Breeze). My biggest sadness is no love for Prince! Happy Feet should have been a no brainer, but whattaya know--Randy Newman over Prince--seriously?! Also, why isn't Beyonce credited for lyrics for Listen? She was at the GG. Are we going to have to hear her sing all five songs like a few years ago or just her one?

My big worry now is which of these movies I can actually see! So seriously, I need some support here. I'm nervous about Blood Diamond, Iwo Jima, Babel, King of Scotland, and Pan's Labyrinth. Are these Lyn approved films? Anyone can help a girl out?

Other than that--the planning is still in the works, but everyone should be hearing something soon...

4 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Breeze said...

Do you need an up to date spreadsheet for this year or do you have it down?

I can put one together but I'd rather spend my spare time on this year's version of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYJVCUrjnM4

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Lyn said...

Damn--that vids got a lotta views! Nice job. Can't wait to see what you cook up this year...

Sean started working on a website so I can do it all on-line this year. So, nope, I won't be needing your programming skills, but I need you to see some of these flicks and let me know which are lyn-approved.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Breeze said...

So the one-up-manship continues. I'm not yet sure how I'm going to top a website but I think a robot that can bend space and time needs to be involved.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Lyn said...

And boy, could I use one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home