Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New concert opportunities

Okay so there are a few new concert opportunities I just became aware of--four represent artists on my best of 2006 list.

1) JT with Pink in the Cities January 27th
2)The Rapture at the Rave Monday, February 5--bummer it's a Monday, but it could totally be worth it.
3)
SNOW PATROL, OK GO, SILVERSUN PICKUPS Thursday, April 5 again at the Rave. Now believe it or not, Snow Patrol has other songs than Chasing Cars--many of which are very good--but OK GO rocks and just this week on Letterman, Matt and I saw Silversun Pickups and they might be the best band on this three card line-up. I just listened to their CD today on Rhapsoday and noticed in my Rave email that came today announcing The Rapture show that they were on the bill. This one is a must!

Let me know who wants to go to what as I'd like to order tickets pronto--especially for JT and Snow Patrol.

5 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Lyn said...

I spoke way too soon--there's more!

Fri, 03/09/07, 07:00 PM Scissor Sisters Riviera Theatre Chicago, IL

or Holly...Sat, 03/03/07 08:00 PM Scissor Sisters Theater At Madison Square Garden New York, NY--tickets are still available...

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger pilchgirl2 said...

I'm already on it...thank god my contact at the garden is a lifer because i've already been hooked up with jt, xtina, and scissor. my winter is looking pretty bright.

as for snow patrol...i saw them and i hated it. maybe it was the venue or the concert goers but it stank. i liked the chasing cars song, but i think i truely only like it because i associate it with grey's and Denny in particular.

lick it up baby, lick it up...

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Lyn said...

I could always leave when Snow Patrol takes the stage, especially if they suck. But we saw OK Go when they opened for Death Cab and they were good. And Silversun Pickups rocked Letterman for real!

Why are tickets still available for Scissor Sisters in NYC? I'm a little disappointed in our gay friends in the City. Support, support, support!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger pilchgirl2 said...

Damn straight...those gays don't know a thing about rallying.

They just don't have the love in the USA like in the UK...look at our beloved GM.

As for Snow, maybe you'll have better luck. They might not suck and I just had a bad experience. Speaking of bad experiences I think I'm going to see Dave Attell tonight. How do I get myself into these situations?

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Lyn said...

I've heard good things about Dave Attell--and let's be real. Is there anyone who loves comedy more than you?

Report back and let us know how he is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home