Wednesday, June 28, 2006

When was the last time you watched MTV?

It's probably been a while--unless you're a big Laguna Beach, Made, Pimp My Ride fan. If you actually want to see some videos, you have to tune in during the AM to check find 'em and honestly, VH-1 tends to run better ones anyway.

But I thought I'd help you out by giving you some links to the best videos I've seen so far this summer. All can be found on YouTube.com if you can't get the links to work. That way, you can still enjoy these cool bits without having to sit through all the crap.

First shout out goes to my girl, Madonna. Al and I went to the concert two weeks ago in Chicago and of course, she rocked. Holly's checkin' her out tonight at Madison Square Garden, which I'm sure will be electric. This video uses performance clips from her concert in an animated format--it's a cool song too--Get Together http://youtube.com/watch?v=jGNHAWyHTMc&search=madonna%20videos

If the first single off of Christina Aguillera's upcoming CD is any indication on how it will be, it should rock! I love this track and the video is sweet. Remember Michael Jackson's You Rock My World mess--well it's the same idea (minus the "mystery", Marlon Brando and Chris Tucker, thank God). Another cool note, it's directed by Bryan Barber who is doing the Outkast movie Idlewild which is supposed to come out this fall. He helmed the Hey Ya and Way You Moved Video--which has a similar throw back style. Anyway, check it out.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f3cxMOt_Eus&search=ain%27t%20no%20other%20man

Okay, so this one is not from this summer, but it is so great I have to include it. You must, must, must watch Common's video for Testify--the longer version. It is too great not to experience and he is fine!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b611o-CC5ac&search=common%20testify

Back to new stuff and my last one for today--I know I'm a broken record, but Crazy by Gnarls Barkley is just the best song to come out in forever. Finally in the top 5 on Billboard this week, but it should be blowin' up. The best thing is that this video in so unexpected and chill. I love it!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jyyVlUfy19c&search=gnarls%20barkley

Comment back on others you have enjoyed--if you are still able to sit through MTV.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Lyn said...

Another new song I love, love, love and it's a huge surprise. Brittany Murphy--crazy girl once engaged to Ashton Kusher--make-over girl in Clueless--well, the girl can blow! Check out this new song Faster Kill Pussycat from London DJ Paul Oakenfold who gave us the summer song--Starry Eyed Surprise a few years ago. It is hot, hot, hot

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xppnroMytes&search=paul%20oakenfold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home