Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Movin' Out

On Sunday, we say the touring Broadway musical Movin' Out. Al and I saw it in NYC a year ago, so it was our second time seeing it. It's the "ballet" based on Billy Joel music. It is surprisingly powerful with a real storyline to it. It reminds me how many sad songs Billy Joel had.

Which got me thinking, what is my favorite Billy Joel song? I sort of feel like he really suffers from overexposure. When Uptown Girl came out, I, like most, thought the song and the video was the bomb! Now, I'm kinda sick of it. I also notice he seems to have two song options on each theme--She's Always a Woman/She's Got a Way (two songs each girl is sure was written about her). Pressure/Big Shot, My Life/Don't Ask Me Why, etc. etc.

I really like the last two on my list and tend to like his faster, singalong stuff better than the slower, but, I think for favorites, I will have to go with And So It Goes. Yours?

3 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger pilchgirl2 said...

I'd have to go with...I Go To Extremes. Granted, it's been pegged as the worst Billy Joel song ever, but I could care less what the critics say.

After careful consideration I realize that I Go To Extremes is actually really bad, so my new favorite song is Leningrad.

Having just listened to Leningrad I realized the fault in my previous comment. It sucks!

My final answer is...Only the Good Die Young! I don't have time to listen to it and change my mind, but I want to say that I always really enjoy it when it comes on the radio. So I'll keep it as is.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I also really like And So It Goes, but I have to say my favorites - I couldn't pick one - are Just the Way You Are and Piano Man.

I loved this show!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger alyson said...

Innocent Man... I love a good finger-snapping song!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home